- 2 days
This 2 day course is designed to introduce the students to the basic requirements to store Explosives, Substances & Articles (ESA) in accordance with statutory legislation. This course is largely aimed at individuals who will become responsible for the safe storage of explosives and munitions and who have little or no formal knowledge of explosives and other more experienced explosives workers who may want to formalise their vocational qualifications and experience through an academic award.
This course is appropriate to the following delegates:
- Students and civilians who may wish to enter the Explosives industry.
- Government agencies who want to formalise their staff qualifications for competency and duty of care purposes.
- NGOs involved in explosive activities
- Military personnel - serving and retired
- Law enforcement - serving and retired
- Private security personnel who are handling explosives
- Commercial explosive industry personnel
On successful completion of the course the student will receive ISSEE certification which meets some of the ESA National Occupational Standards (NOS).
PRE ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS
The student must be conversant in the English Language.
To introduce the student to the following:
- Ammunition and explosives security
- Safety, in respect of ammunition and explosives storage areas
- Application of Explosives and ammunition storage regulations
- Introduction to national and international legislation and associated regulations covering storage and transportation