The detection of weapons and dangerous devices depends upon the effective planning and management of search operations and the systematic application of robust search procedures by trained personnel.
This course is designed to build upon the knowledge and skills gained from the Foundation course to place more emphasis on the practical applications of search techniques and the new skills and responsibilities for supervising a search team using UK National Occupational Standards (NOS).
On satisfactory completion of the course, the individual will have the further knowledge and practised skills to supervise a team engaged in search operations.
- Health and Safety issues related to high level search operations
- Applying advanced search procedures as a team member
- Operating and maintaining specialist equipment for search operations
- Over viewing legal responsibilities when conducting higher level search and security operations
- Identifying terrorist and criminal resources during search operations
- Effectiveness as a member of a higher level security force operation