Friday 19 January, 2018
ISSEE has facilities to carry out a wide variety large-scale munitions, EOD trials and training activities, including static and dynamic munitions trials, complex Insensitive Munitions (IM) tests and explosive characterisation.
These facilities are often used as part of our EOD Training, Explosives Management Training, Humanitarian and IED-D Training, as well as our flagship Internation Ammunition Technician course.
– Arena testing of explosives with a maximum NEQ of 75kg HD1 in a single event is conducted in a valley area of approximately 200 x 50m where the test bays and rigs can be configured to individual requirements.
– Indoor ballistic test facility, with a target bay accommodating targets up to 4m x 6m in size, allows the ballistic testing of the full range of calibres, including Fragment Simulating Projectile (FSP).
– Dedicated re-loading facilities.
– Large arena with a concrete test pad for side blast and fragmentation trials or we can conduct mine blast trials utilising specified aggregates in purpose made pits.
– 12m Drop Tower
– Complete range of barrels, universal mounts, weapon rests and ammunition including Armour Piercing and Armour Piercing Incendiary
– Licensed facility permits manufacture, storage, breakdown and assembly of munitions.
Based at the Centre for Homeland Security, ISSEE has...
ISSEE contributes to world security by promoting...